Over the weekend I facilitated a customer upgrade that involved:
- In place upgrade of Windows Server 2008 to Windows Server 2008 R2 on a vCenter Server.
- Direct upgrade from View Composer 2.6 to View Composer 5.3.
- Direct upgrade from VMware View 4.6 to Horizon View 5.3 on two connection brokers.
- Direct upgrade from vCenter 4.1 to vCenter 5.5.
- Direct upgrade from ESXi 4.1 to ESXi 5.5 on multiple systems.
All of these, on a Saturday, with no issues. No calls to VMware support. No reviewing error logs. Very little hand wringing. For the most part everything went according to plan.
I feel like I should buy a Powerball ticket this week, or maybe make a trip to the casino.
Monday January 13, 2014